Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Terrible Discovery

I'm going to be sick.

You think you know somebody. You spend so much time together, you get burned to death together...

You're supposed to be friends.

And then you learn something so terrible about that other person that it makes you change your outlook on them.

I didn't have that high an opinion of Shaman to begin with. I mean, he's gotten me killed more time than I can count and a few of those were at his own hand.

Really not ranking high in my list of people.

But something that happened today destroyed any respect I may actually have had for the guy.

I was having some fun crafting, when I get a tell from Shaman. Seems he was getting an exp party together and wanted me to join.

Now, I hadn't been exping in a while, with my new baby chocobo and all, so I decided to go along.

I run over to Yhoator Jungle to meet up with him, but when I get there, I notice something.

Something odd.

Shaman was decked out. His gear was top of the line and a lot of it looked brand new.

No blood or nothing.

GoblinSmithy>> Hey, Shaman.
GoblinShaman>> Heya, Smithy.
GoblinSmithy>> Man, where'd you get the nice new gear?
GoblinSmithy>> That shit is nice.
GoblinShaman>> Like that, do you?
GoblinShaman>> Yeah, I figured it was time to upgrade.
GoblinSmithy>> That stuff looks expensive.
GoblinShaman>> Not really.
GoblinShaman>> It was actually pretty cheap.
GoblinSmithy>> Are you kidding?
GoblinSmithy>> You've got a Morion Tathlum.
GoblinSmithy>> Two Morion Earrings.
GoblinSmithy>> And everything you have is +1.
GoblinSmithy>> That must have cost millions.
GoblinShaman>> It's not a big deal.
GoblinShaman>> I've been saving.
GoblinSmithy>> Saving what?
GoblinSmithy>> You don't do anything besides get me killed.
GoblinShaman>> I ran a bunch of BCNMs and made a lot of gil.
GoblinSmithy>> When?
GoblinShaman>> I don't know.
GoblinShaman>> Last week or something.
GoblinSmithy>> There's no way you made that much gil.
GoblinSmithy>> Where'd it come from?
GoblinSmithy>> Did you kidnap a Taru or something?
GoblinShaman>> ...
GoblinShaman>> Not exactly.
GoblinSmithy>> Well, it's gotta be something.
GoblinSmithy>> This just isn't making sense.
GoblinShaman>> FINE!
GoblinShaman>> I bought gil online.
GoblinShaman>> ARE YOU HAPPY?!
GoblinSmithy>> You... What?
GoblinSmithy>> You must be joking.
GoblinShaman>> No.
GoblinShaman>> It's not that big a deal.
GoblinSmithy>> Oh Altana. I think you touched me.
GoblinSmithy>> I need some boiling water and disinfectant.
GoblinShaman>> What are you doing?
GoblinSmithy>> Stupidity that big has to be contagious.
GoblinSmithy>> I don't want to catch stupid.
GoblinShaman>> Oh, shut up.
GoblinShaman>> Everyone does it.
GoblinSmithy>> I don't.
GoblinSmithy>> I make my money the old fashioned way...
GoblinSmithy>> Killing people.
GoblinShaman>> Would you calm down?
GoblinSmithy>> I mean, killing people is mean...
GoblinSmithy>> But that's just plain disgusting.
GoblinShaman>> Can we just get this party going, please?
GoblinSmithy>> I've got a better idea.
GoblinSmithy>> How about I point and laugh at you for being retarded?

GoblinShaman starts casting Fire III on GoblinSmithy.

GoblinSmithy>> So, is that a no then?

I still haven't talked to him since. I mean, what would cause someone to be so monumentally idiotic that they would spend real money to buy fake money?

I expected better from Shaman. Pathfinder, maybe, but definitely didn't expect this from Shaman.

Only adventurers are dumb enough to do something like this.

8 Comments:

Blogger creature124 said...

SHAMAN IS A RMTARD! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!

Just make sure you silence him first XD

2:09 AM  
Blogger Carrin said...

A friend of mine bought some off ebay for another MMO.

I started saying ebay under my breath while the mic was on, about every 5-10 minutes.

Got myself kicked from the ventrilo server a few times for that.

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Only adventurers are dumb enough to do something like this."

ROFL, here here.

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ergh, I thought Shaman was a decent guy. Fairly overconfident, but still, decent.

I had a guildie do that (WoW, don´t hurt me too much) once. He got all his Crafting skills up to max, all the buyable gear, Epic Mount, you name it. Now, to begin with, he wouldn´t admit that he had bought gold. He had apparently been given it by a "friend who quit WoW".

We didn´t kick him. We just got a few from the other faction on our VT server, and kept them fairly well informed of his location. I think he spent three weeks dying wherever he went, before he caved in and abanded the character. Then we reported him, and the latest news is that his account is banned.

(Damn I wish we had GM Dave in WoW, it would make our lives so much easier...)

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shamans gil was provided by VGE of Movalpolos, remember Van'del Goblin Entertainment for all your econime damageing needs.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like everyone else, was tempted to buy gil at one point or another. it's the people who go through with it though that are idiots. Whenever I think of doing it, kick myself a few times then go camp nms like a good little elf.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people just don't know what to do with their money. (Such as give to you or me)

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GoblinShaman>> Everyone does it.
GoblinSmithy>> I don't.
GoblinSmithy>> I make my money the old fashioned way...

Whatever the old fashioned way is, be it killing people or what have you. AMEN to the Smithy. Glad to know someone else agrees.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home