Monday, September 25, 2006

She Brought You Into This World...

Having managed to free Pathfinder from the prison that he actively chose to put himself into (Altana, that gets dumber every time I think about it), we had to lay low for a few days.

The last thing we need would be to get caught and thrown back in.

I suppose it could be worse.

I heard one guy got sent over to Warcraft.

That shit is just cold.

If we were going to avoid getting seen, we had to find a place to hide out.

GoblinSmithy>> Pathfinder...
GoblinPathfinder>> Yeah, Smitty?
GoblinSmithy>> Do you know any place we can hide?
GoblinPathfinder>> Well...
GoblinPathfinder>> We could hide in the last place they'd expect.
GoblinSmithy>> Dear Altana! That was down right logical.
GoblinSmithy>> That's actually a good idea.
GoblinPathfinder>> I thought so.
GoblinSmithy>> So where did you have in mind?
GoblinPathfinder>> We should hide...
GoblinSmithy>> Yeah?
GoblinPathfinder>> In the prison.
GoblinPathfinder>> Huh? What do you think?
GoblinSmithy>> I think you may actually have gotten dumber.
GoblinSmithy>> If such a thing were possible.
GoblinPathfinder>> Fine.
GoblinPathfinder>> Why don't you come up with something better.
GoblinPathfinder>> You big meanie.
GoblinSmithy>> I'm going to have to.
GoblinSmithy>> Now, where would we be safe?

Then it struck me.

I already knew where to go. Pathfinder's mom's house.

She'd take care of us and let us stay with her until the heat blew over.

It was perfect.

GoblinSmithy>> Follow me.
GoblinPathfinder>> Where're we going?
GoblinSmithy>> Don't worry about it.
GoblinSmithy>> Just shut up and walk.

It wasn't very far, but I made sure to circle around a few times to throw off our trail.

GoblinPathfinder>> This place looks familiar.
GoblinPathfinder>> Why do I know this place?
GoblinSmithy>> Damn, you're retarded.
GoblinSmithy>> Just come on.

I grabbed his arm and dragged him inside. There was a fire lit and the whole room was washed in it's amber glow.

Pathfinder was no doubt thrilled to be home again.

I turned to explain it to him, when I caught the look in his eyes.

It wasn't exactly joy.

It wasn't even remotely joy.

It was terror.

GoblinPathfinder>> Why did you bring me here?
GoblinSmithy>> What's wrong?
GoblinSmithy>> Your mom said...
GoblinPathfinder>> My mom?
GoblinPathfinder>> MY MOM?!!!
GoblinSmithy>> What the hell is wrong with you?
GoblinPathfinder>> We have to get out of here!

I don't usually listen to Pathfinder, but the was something in his voice that I couldn't argue with.

I've heard terror before. Believe you, me.

I turned toward the door and was just about to run when I felt something crash into the back of my skull.

Everything went dark.

And, as I fell into unconsciousness, I heard Pathfinder.

I heard him screaming.

TO BE CONTINUED *DUN DUN DUNNNNNN*

5 Comments:

Blogger Justine said...

And I thought his mom was nice o_O

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great suspense at the end, that is one of kind : P

5:39 PM  
Blogger Daltana said...

Not totally one of a kind, it does remind me a little bit of the ending of the Blair Witch movie.

But unlike that, I will see the next part.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ehy but where is gone M,R, beeington? XD

keep up the good work

8:04 PM  
Blogger Carrin said...

I thought the whole "Pathfinders mom is from leave it to Beaver" bit funny, but the "Pathfinders mom is frikking psychotic" is just plain awesome.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home