Sunday, July 23, 2006

Back To Basics

It occurred to me that perhaps the reason I've been dying so frequently (and painfully) is due to a lack of work on my part.

I must admit, I have been neglecting my leveling in order to focus on the neck stabbings.

So, I decided to spend the weekend concentrating only on leveling.

No stabbings.

No getting burned to death.

Only experience points.

Friday evening, I threw up my party flag and waited for the invites to come rolling in.

...

Any minute now...

...

Okay, what the hell?

Where is everybody?

I started searching and I noticed there were tons of people looking for parties.

Why wasn't anyone inviting me?

BronzeQuadav>> Are you there?
BronzeQuadav>> (( Party )) ?

Finally. Someone needs me.

About freakin' time.

GoblinSmithy>> Yeah, I'm here.
GoblinSmithy>> Send the invite.
BronzeQuadav>> Can you sub NIN?
GoblinSmithy>> Sorry. Haven't unlocked it.
GoblinSmithy>> So how many people do we have?
BronzeQuadav>> Oh...
BronzeQuadav>> That's a problem.
GoblinSmithy>> No, it's not.
BronzeQuadav>> Sorry, but everyone wants a WAR/NIN.
BronzeQuadav>> Maybe next time, k?
GoblinSmithy>> I hope a Galka Sneak Attacks you.

What the hell was that?

Apparently, you're just not good enough unless you sub Ninja.

That's bullshit.

Eh... I guess you have to expect a few idiots when you decide to work/speak/interact with others.

So, I went back to looking for a party.

Fast forward twelve hours.

By this time I had received three invites.

Two of them asked me to sub Ninja.

The third mistakenly invited me to do a Promyvion-Holla run.

And then asked me to sub Ninja.

I hate people.

Rather than sitting there bitching and moaning, I decided to do something about it.

I started sending tells to the other players looking for parties.

Then, a White Mage popped up.

Perfect timing.

GoblinSmithy>> Hey.
GoblinSmithy>> Want to party?
RiverSahagin>> Sure.
RiverSahagin>> Wait...
RiverSahagin>> Do you have a tank yet?
GoblinSmithy>> ... Not yet.
GoblinSmithy>> But there's a Paladin searching.
RiverSahagin>> Yeah...
RiverSahagin>> I'll join after you find a tank.
GoblinSmithy>> Oh, come on.
RiverSahagin>> Umm... no.

Dammit dammit dammit.

This is why I always stab the White Mage first.

You bastards deserve it.

It's cool, though. I'll just grab a tank and then the White Mage will join. A few more people and we're good to go.

There's a Ninja looking. That'll do nicely.

GoblinSmithy>> Hi there.
GoblinSmithy>> Want to party?
YagudoHerald>> Cool.
YagudoHerald>> How many people do you have so far?
GoblinSmithy>> Just me so far.
GoblinSmithy>> But...
YagudoHerald>> Sorry, man.
YagudoHerald>> I'm looking for a full party.
YagudoHerald>> I'm not spending an hour looking for a healer.
YagudoHerald>> Maybe some other time.
GoblinSmithy>> But I have a White Mage who'll join.
GoblinSmithy>> And there's more people looking.
YagudoHerald>> I'll join after the White Mage.

Yay.

Another primadonna.

Aren't people great?

GoblinSmithy>> I found a tank.
GoblinSmithy>> Will you join now?
RiverSahagin>> Did the tank join?
GoblinSmithy>> ... No.
GoblinSmithy>> But he will.
GoblinSmithy>> He just wants to know we have a White Mage.
RiverSahagin>> I'm not joining until you have a tank.
GoblinSmithy>> I have a tank.
GoblinSmithy>> He's waiting.
RiverSahagin>> Sorry.
RiverSahagin>> Get a tank and I'll join.

#@$% those #@$%ing #@$%ers in their #@$%ing *&&es.

Stay calm.

Need to exp.

So, I spend about twenty minutes arguing with the White Mage AND the Ninja trying to get them both to join.

Finally, after an exhaustive ordeal, the Ninja agrees to join.

Well, halle-freakin'-lujah.

GoblinSmithy>> Good news.
GoblinSmithy>> The Ninja joined.
RiverSahagin>> Oh...
GoblinSmithy>> I'm sending the invite now.
GoblinSmithy>> Wait...
GoblinSmithy>> It won't send.
GoblinSmithy>> ...
GoblinSmithy>> Why is your name blue?
RiverSahagin>> I just got another invite to a full party.
RiverSahagin>> And they have a Black Mage.
RiverSahagin>> Sorry.
GoblinSmithy>> You have to be kidding me.

Could this get any worse?

YagudoHerald>> Is the White Mage coming?
GoblinSmithy>> ...
GoblinSmithy>> Not exactly.
YagudoHerald>> Sorry, man.
YagudoHerald>> Got to go.
GoblinSmithy>> Wait!
GoblinSmithy>> We can find another healer.
YagudoHerald>> Too late.
YagudoHerald>> Just got an invite from a RiverSahagin.
YagudoHerald>> Later.

*insert unintelligible, angry screaming here*

All that work for nothing.

My IQ dropped twenty points just dealing with those idiots and I get nothing to show from it, but a sudden urge to watch the OC.

I don't think I could be any angrier.

GoblinShaman>> Hey, Smithy!
GoblinShaman>> I just started an awesome party!
GoblinShaman>> We got a White Mage and a Ninja.
GoblinSmithy>> I hate you.
GoblinShaman>> What did I say?
GoblinSmithy>> Die in a fire.
GoblinShaman>> That's just rude.
GoblinSmithy>> You're right.
GoblinSmithy>> Die in a fire please.
GoblinShaman>> And I was just about to invite you.
GoblinShaman>> But screw that.
GoblinSmithy>> Wait...
GoblinSmithy>> Maybe I was a little harsh.
GoblinShaman>> Nice try.
GoblinShaman>> Have fun not partying.

Now, I'm the angriest I could possibly be.

GoblinPathfinder>> Heya, Smitty.
GoblinPathfinder>> Wanna start a party?
GoblinSmithy>> You're a Beastmaster.
GoblinSmithy>> You can solo.
GoblinPathfinder>> Oh yeah...
GoblinPathfinder>> I forgot.
GoblinPathfinder>> Want to party anyway?

How badly did I want to exp this weekend?

Would it be worth partying with Pathfinder?

GoblinSmithy>> I don't know.
GoblinSmithy>> Maybe...
GoblinPathfinder>> Oops.
GoblinSmithy>> Oops what?
GoblinSmithy>> What's oops?
GoblinPathfinder>> Shaman just invited me.
GoblinPathfinder>> I gotta go.
GoblinSmithy>> Okay, that's just cruel.
GoblinPathfinder>> Hey!
GoblinPathfinder>> They have a Ninja AND a White Mage!
GoblinPathfinder>> SWEET!

I think that's when I had the aneurysm.

This is why I don't like partying.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll pty with you smithy. those nins will have a very hard time taking now since that magic nerf will hurt them also.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Alkonost... are we playing the same game here?

And death to /NIN!!!


Uh yeah... {Incredibly Tough}{Pitchfork} {/wave}ing mob... {No thanks.} {Run away!}

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't mind mediumly to cruddy exp, soloing is posiable. (especialy for a crafter)
Mind you it will often for most jobs take you longer and can be rough after a certin point for most jobs. And it's even easier now they pushed EP to cover even weaker mobs.
Find someplace tarutaru pop up thats 5 to 7 levels below you and cut through them like paper bag. After the ammount of time you spent looking for a group, you have gained some happy exp.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Dyamalos said...

/NIN gives you leetness plus 1 obviously.

Granted I sub NIN with war because I do have it leveled, but I don't really care what someone subs as long as it's not as stupid as the SMN/WAR with no avatars saying he doesn't have a mage job leveled because he hates mage jobs.....

I left that party because the leader wouldn't kick the guy...

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog entry smithy, I really enjoyed it. As a RDM, i'm used to joining full parties, but I can understand how difficult it must be to get it started.

Then another thought camp to me, seeing a party of 6 beastmen attacking a higher level PC for EXP.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raine starts casting Cure IV on Goblin Smithy.
Raine: Down with the tarus!
Raine's Cure IV has no effect on Goblin Smithy.
Raine: ...

12:04 AM  
Blogger Green Armadillo said...

This is why I don't like partying.

If it makes you feel any better, they probably can't take IT's for 200 exp/kill with Pathfinder in the group, and most likely the tank and healer will ditch after a few pulls of that cause the EXP isn't good enough, never mind that EVERYONE gets a big fat ZERO exp while seeking a replacement party.

See also, why I /canceled my FFXI subscription.

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

/nin makes you homosexual.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Green Armadillo said...

The lost exp in that situation would be due to the incredible stupidity of pathfinder himself.

Gee, wonder why I said "with Pathfinder in the group" rather than "with a BST in the group"? :P

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Professional male models Uses klonopin Painted kitchen table Dental insurance companies tucson Bsafe cybersitter Spotty hair loss causes

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! http://www.area-rug-1.info/3-d-scrabble.html

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home