Monday, July 10, 2006

Making Amends

So, I decided it would be best if I made up with Shaman.

Sure, he gets me killed a lot, but that's usually accidental.

Having him and his Black Mage friends actively trying to kick my ass is much, much worse.

At least with the accidental deaths, I get all the fun of a surprise.

It's like a surprise party only with pain instead of cake.

But how exactly do you apologize for stabbing someone in the throat?

And dancing on them?

Does Hallmark make a card for that?

"Roses are red, Violets are blue,

I'm really sorry that I stabbed you in the trachea."

Has a nice ring to it, huh?

Anyway, I called Shaman and asked him to meet me in Yuhtunga Jungle. You know, a nice neutral spot where I can find lots of adventurers to use as meat shields.

Also, Tarus make excellent projectile weapons if need be. They're small enough to throw a good distance and the little bastards have pointy heads.

Not Galkas, though. Might as well try to throw a Buick.

It's not their size. Those guys are just as stupid as a Buick.

So, I head over to meet Shaman, but suddenly realized him and his friends could be waiting for me.

I grab a nearby Taru and lob him into the clearing.

GoblinShaman starts casting Fire IV.

Damn. That midget never even hit the ground.

GoblinShaman>> DAMMIT!!!
GoblinShaman>> Where the hell are you, Smithy?
GoblinSmithy>> Listen, man.
GoblinSmithy>> I want to talk to you.
GoblinShaman>> I don't want to talk to you.
GoblinShaman>> I want to light you on fire.
GoblinSmithy>> See... That's kind of a problem for me.
GoblinShaman>> That's rather the point.
GoblinSmithy>> I'm coming out.
GoblinSmithy>> Don't cast anything.
GoblinShaman>> Not big on suggestions today, Smithy.
GoblinSmithy>> But I came to apologize.
GoblinShaman>> ...
GoblinShaman>> Did you say apologize?
GoblinSmithy>> Yeah.
GoblinSmithy>> I feel bad for killing you.
GoblinShaman>> That's just the third degree burns talking.
GoblinSmithy>> No, no.
GoblinSmithy>> I'm really sorry.
GoblinShaman>> And I should trust you because...
GoblinSmithy>> 'Cause we're friends?
GoblinShaman>> You stabbed me in the face.
GoblinSmithy>> Throat, actually.
GoblinShaman>> What?
GoblinSmithy>> The throat.
GoblinSmithy>> I stabbed you in the throat.
GoblinShaman>> Did I not burn you enough?
GoblinSmithy>> Sorry. Sorry.
GoblinSmithy>> Can't we just put all of this behind us?
GoblinShaman>> I don't know.
GoblinShaman>> I'm still mad.
GoblinSmithy>> That's okay.
GoblinSmithy>> We can go take it out on Pathfinder.
GoblinShaman>> Ha ha.
GoblinShaman>> I suppose we could.
GoblinSmithy>> So... Are we cool?
GoblinShaman>> Yeah.
GoblinShaman>> We're cool.

We shook hands like goblins and decided to let bygones be bygones.

It's just best to put stuff like that behind you.

GoblinSmithy>> You know...
GoblinSmithy>> We're going to laugh about this someday.
GoblinShaman>> What do you mean?
GoblinSmithy>> Like me dancing on your dead body.
GoblinSmithy>> That was hilarious.

GoblinShaman starts casting Fire IV.

GoblinSmithy>> Oh damn.
GoblinSmithy>> Too soon?

Damn, damn, damn.

If that guy wasn't my best friend...

7 Comments:

Blogger Justine said...

Yay for Smithy and Shaman together again! ^^v

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah if only it was christmas

*sings "chestnuts roasting on an open fire..."*

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So smithy, how do you feel about parties of ninjas being able to safely tank you as low as level 24? XD I managed to defeat one of you in a level 24 party , when you tried to attack our puller :P plus, if we're it trouble, 3-4 full hp mijin guakers can finish you off XD

and those SMNs, Mbing their astral flows to take off 75%+ of your hp in one blast

5:16 AM  
Blogger Arwenne said...

See, tarus DO make good meat shields!

lol

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you and Shaman made up :D
Lets be thankfull that Shaman didn't bring a Leacher to raise you for a second barbequeing.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here let me help ya with the card... seems you still need it.
"Roses are red, Violets are blue,

I'm really sorry
that I stabbed you

in the trachea,
right in the throat

and then danced on your head
out by the boat

If we become friends
The stabbing may end
But if you can not forgive
I swear none of your children will live.'

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home