Monday, September 04, 2006

Intervention

Today was a hard day.

Aftering talking to Shaman a bit more, I realized he had a serious problem. His gil buying habit was getting worse by the second.

Something had to be done.

I quickly went to work and called every beastman I could think of. Gigas and Quadavs, Sahagins and Demons. I invited them all.

Sigh... I even invited Pathfinder.

At least that way Shaman could see what a wasted life looks like.

We all met up in Castle Oztroja and then I called Shaman and asked him to come over. He sounded funny when he answered the phone and I knew.

He'd been buying gil again.

If we didn't do something now, he'd be completely retarded within days.

When Shaman finally arrived, we jumped out and locked the door behind him. He spun around frantically, scared and panicking.

GoblinSmithy>> Shaman...
GoblinSmithy>> We need to talk to you.
GoblinShaman>> What's going on here?
GoblinShaman>> What are you doing?
OrcishSerjeant>> Don't be afraid.
SilverQuadav>> Let the healing begin.
GoblinShaman>> What the hell?!
GoblinShaman>> You're all insane!
GoblinSmithy>> We're here to help you, Shaman.
GoblinSmithy>> You have a problem.
GoblinShaman>> I do have a problem.
GoblinShaman>> I'm locked in a room full of lunatics!
SilverQuadav>> That's it.
SilverQuadav>> Let it all out.
GoblinSmithy>> Shaman... You're a gil buyer.
GoblinShaman>> Oh come on.
GoblinShaman>> I only bought a little.
BrookSahagin>> He's in denial.
GoblinShaman>> I'm not in denial.
BrookSahagin>> See?
GoblinSmithy>> Buying gil is wrong Shaman.
GoblinSmithy>> It's wrong.
GoblinShaman>> Let me out of here.
GoblinShaman>> NOW!

GoblinShaman starts casting Firaga III on GoblinSmithy.

I expected this. Luckily, I came prepared.

DemonKnight casts Stun on GoblinShaman.

GoblinSmithy>> That won't work here, Shaman.
GoblinSmithy>> Use your words.
GoblinShaman>> I only bought it once or twice.
GoblinSmithy>> That's always how it starts.
GoblinSmithy>> A million here, a million there.
GoblinSmithy>> Pretty soon, you need ten million just to get through the day.
GoblinShaman>> It's not a problem.
GoblinShaman>> I can stop any time I want to.
GoblinSmithy>> Then stop now.
GoblinSmithy>> For your sake.
GoblinShaman>> But look at this gear.
GoblinShaman>> Look at it!
GoblinSmithy>> I didn't want to have to do this...
GoblinSmithy>> Shaman...
GoblinSmithy>> You're turning into Pathfinder.
GoblinPathfinder>> Hi.
GoblinShaman>> ...
GoblinShaman>> Oh Altana...
GoblinShaman>> NUUUOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
GoblinSmithy>> No one wants to themselves that low.
GoblinSmithy>> Now the healing can begin.
GoblinPathfinder>> ...
GoblinPathfinder>> I hate both of you.

I'm glad to say that Shaman has given up buying gil. I even convinced him to let me get rid of all of his ill-gotten gear and give the money to charity.

On an unrelated note, do you like my new Sniper's Rings?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did pathfinder grew a brain for just a second there? o.O; Hehe, Welcome to Gilbuyers annoymous where we heal you of that nasty buying habbit. Now just die and farm and you'll return to normal in a matter of no time

1:54 PM  
Blogger none said...

GoblinSmithy>> You're turning into Pathfinder.
GoblinPathfinder>> Hi.
GoblinShaman>> ...
GoblinShaman>> Oh Altana...
GoblinShaman>> NUUUOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I lol'd.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Carrin said...

I was confused, as too why Smithy would be doing this.

Maybe so that he could keep at least one person around somewhat intelligent to talk to?

Maybe get in a pot-shot at pathfinder?

>On an unrelated note, do you like my new
>Sniper's Rings?

Ah, that's the smithy I know and admire. ^_^

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah I think Smithy was showing genuine concern for his friend.... the rings were just a nice bonus for the deal

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well if u read smithy's first post,he met shaman there.lol

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home