Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Back To Business

The air was especially sweet in Yhoator today.

It's funny. You get killed over and over and over again in a place and you forget how nice the place is.

It really is a beautiful jungle. The trees are lush and tropical and give the entire place an exotic atmosphere. A gentle mist always hangs over the trees. And the waterfall is just breath-taking.

Just standing there, looking up at that expanse of emerald trees, I realized how special this place really is. It's a verdant oasis beset with battle and death.

As I was quietly pondering the quiet beauty of the jungle, a group of adventurers appeared from around a corner and set up camp not far away.

Loud adventurers.

Player1>> OMG!
Player1>> I can't believe you got lost!
Player2>> Shut up!
Player3>> Oh come on.
Player3>> It's his first time here.
Player1>> Yeah, but he was halfway to Norg.
Player2>> I took a wrong turn.
Player4>> You took seven wrong turns.
Player1>> LOL
Player3>> Haha
Player2>> That's not funny.

Ugh.

Something had to be done. I couldn't let them spoil the gentle, serenity of my jungle.

Plus, a little splash of red on the ground might make a nice touch.

I'm the Martha Stewart of mass murder.

GoblinSmithy>> Good afternoon. Welcome to Yhoator.
GoblinSmithy>> I'll be your killer today.
Player1>> OH CRAP!
Player1>> AGGRO!
GoblinSmithy>> The special today is eye stabbings.
GoblinSmithy>> Would you like some screaming and crying to start?
Player2>> Voke it! Voke it!
GoblinSmithy>> Might I suggest the sampler?
Player3>> Should we zone it?
Player5>> We're too far!
GoblinSmithy>> It comes with your choice of soup.

I went to work on them and one by one they started to fall. The White Mage went first and then their tank.

My body was pulsing with energy. It felt as if the jungle itself had lent me its force so that I could protect it.

And I would.

After the past few days, I wouldn't let anyone hurt this wonderful, beautiful land. This jungle was too precious to spoil.

GoblinSmithy>> FOR YHOATOR!!!

I leaned back preparing for the final killing blow. Their last standing member was about to taste the cold steel of my...

Wait... Did something just go thud?

I turned around and saw a White Lizard standing behind me. Then, I noticed the mark where I had accidentally hit him.

Then, I saw ten of his friends standing right behind him.

Do you know what's fun?

Not getting gangraped by a bunch of angry lizards, that's for sure.

...

I hate this damned jungle.

5 Comments:

Blogger Justine said...

Poor Smithy! Sorry for killing you about 20 times today in Yhoator XD

1:32 AM  
Blogger Goblin Smithy said...

Sigh...

For some reason I don't understand, the blog won't let me publish tonight's update.

It's done and I hit publish, but it sticks at 0% and doesn't change.

If anyone reads this, the update will be posted just as soon as I figure this out.

GSmithy

2:33 AM  
Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

"Goblin Smithy said...
Sigh...

For some reason I don't understand, the blog won't let me publish tonight's update.

It's done and I hit publish, but it sticks at 0% and doesn't change.

If anyone reads this, the update will be posted just as soon as I figure this out.

GSmithy "


I find swearing and throwing things does wonders. It may not get the post out but man does it ever feel good.

Great post as always!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Addie French said...

Thanks great bloog

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home