Monday, August 14, 2006

Pathfinder Turns Over A New Leaf

Subtitle: And Finds More Stupid.

Pathfinder called me early this morning and begged me to meet him in Yhoator Jungle. He said it was an emergency, a matter of life and death.

I hoped he meant his, hung up the phone, and went back to bed.

But he called me again.

And again.

And again.

I dragged myself out of bed, grabbed a notepad, and make a To Do list.

Things To Do Today:

1) Write Blog Update

2) Vacuum

3) Murder Pathfinder

4) Buy Orange Juice

Still, I couldn't have him calling me all day, so I figured I'd head on over to Yhoator.

Might as well get started on that list.

So, I arrive in the Jungle and immediately pull out my sword.

I am nothing if not efficient.

And there's Pathfinder standing there all by himself. I'm going to shove this sword right through his robe.

Wait...

Why is Pathfinder wearing a robe?

GoblinSmithy>> What are you doing?
GoblinPathfinder>> Oh, thank goodness you're here, Smitty.
GoblinPathfinder>> I need your help.
GoblinSmithy>> Finally going for the assisted suicide?
GoblinSmithy>> Good choice.
GoblinPathfinder>> No, Silly.
GoblinPathfinder>> I'm trying to level White Mage.
GoblinPathfinder>> But I need some practice.
GoblinSmithy>> Let me get this straight...
GoblinSmithy>> You want to practice on me?
GoblinPathfinder>> Yes, Smitty. Yes, please.
GoblinSmithy>> I think I gave you brain damage or something.
GoblinSmithy>> I mean more so.
GoblinPathfinder>> This is important.
GoblinPathfinder>> I'm trying to get the hang of it.
GoblinSmithy>> Hey, I'm going to let you practice on me.
GoblinSmithy>> Even though you're an idiot.
GoblinSmithy>> And you have no idea what you're doing.
GoblinSmithy>> That's a great idea!
GoblinPathfinder>> YAY!
GoblinPathfinder>> I knew you'd help me.
GoblinSmithy>> ...
GoblinSmithy>> As you apparently don't understand sarcasm...
GoblinSmithy>> I'm going to walk away now.
GoblinPathfinder>> You can't go yet.
GoblinSmithy>> Oh right.
GoblinSmithy>> I forgot to murder you.
GoblinSmithy>> Thanks for reminding me.
GoblinPathfinder>> Please, Smitty.
GoblinPathfinder>> Pretty pwease?
GoblinSmithy>> Give me one good reason why I should help you.
GoblinPathfinder>> White Mages don't get pets.
GoblinSmithy>> No Mr. Beeington?
GoblinPathfinder>> No Mr. Beeington.
GoblinSmithy>> Let's get to work, shall we?

We sat down and worked out a plan. I'd run into the middle of a party and start to murder them.

I liked this part of the plan.

As they did damage, Pathfinder would use his new White Magey powers to heal me.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

And since we were only fighting one party at a time, I should be pretty safe.

It sounded like the perfect plan.

This, of course, meant something had to go horribly wrong.

GoblinSmithy>> Okay, I'm heading in.
GoblinSmithy>> Be ready with those cures.
GoblinPathfinder>> Oh, don't you worry.
GoblinPathfinder>> I'm ready.
GoblinSmithy>> Here we go.

I rush in and start going to work. Things are going exactly as planned. They're dying and I'm taking just enough damage for Pathfinder to practice his cures.

GoblinSmithy>> Whenever you're ready.
GoblinPathfinder>> On it.

GoblinPathfinder Uses Benediction.

GoblinSmithy>> Oh.
GoblinSmithy>> Crap.

I will give Pathfinder credit. He completely healed all of my current damage.

All 37 HP.

Good job.

Unfortunately, this victory was somewhat spoiled when every adventurer and monster in the area decided to come over and kick our asses.

As we lay there, my broken corpse still warm from the savage beating, I suggested that Pathfinder take up the Thief job.

Cause that bastard is going to need Flee when I respawn.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

XD I think he's confused...it's goblind leecher who should play the whm...not a pathfinder...but still..least mr.beeinton wasn't there to ruin the day...

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"As we lay there, my broken corpse still warm from the savage beating, I suggested that Pathfinder take up the Thief job.

Cause that bastard is going to need Flee when I respawn"

lmao

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggested that Pathfinder take up the Thief job.

Cause that bastard is going to need Flee when I respawn.

Ahhhaahh Great!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I myself don't have FFXI, but I love reading the blogs, so can anyone tell me what Benediction does? <.<

thanks

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Benedication heals all party members within AOE to full health. it's the WhiteMage Two Hour Spell (Takes 2 earth hours to recharge)

6:41 PM  
Blogger creature124 said...

well...at least he dosent have a pet right?

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something even more annoying: pathfinder as a bst/brd! singing about paths!

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see it now, "A Smithy's Life: The Musical"
Patherfinder: There's a path! A path! A path to who know's where! Oooooooooh! A Pa *face stab
*heart Stab
*Face stab
*groin stab
*groin stab
*groin stab
*pee noise

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Good stuff. Good resources here. Best regards!
- www.blogger.com 7
phentermine

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today was a complete loss. So it goes. I've just been letting everything wash over me.
- www.blogger.com 0
samsung ringtone
motorola ringtone
sony ericsson ringtone
nokia ringtone

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site! Good stuff, good resources here. Nice site. All the best!
- www.blogger.com o
http://mosquitoringtone1.4x2.net mosquito ringtone
http://freenokiaringtone1.4x2.net free nokia ringtone
http://freeverizonringtone1.4x2.net free verizon ringtone
http://mp3ringtone1.4x2.net mp3 ringtone
http://nokiaringtone1.4x2.net nokia ringtone
http://freemotorolaringtone1.4x2.net free motorola ringtone
http://freemp3ringtone1.4x2.net free mp3 ringtone
http://samsungringtone1.4x2.net samsung ringtone
http://freepolyphonicringtone1.4x2.net free polyphonic ringtone
http://britneyspearsringtone1.4x2.net britney spears ringtone

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home