Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Bling Bling

I was looking at my gear this morning and, honestly, I was not happy with what I saw.

Everything was either chipped or broken.

It was embarassing.

That's when I decided that something had to be done. I needed some nice, new gear. Something that looked damn good.

Sure, stats are important, too. But let's keep our priorities straight.

I need to look nice for the ladies.

So, I headed over to the nearest Auction House and tried to figure out what gear I'd like to have at my level.

Those Gigas Bracelets looked nice.

Unfortunately, they were a little out of my price range. They were going for roughly 15, ooo gil which was just a little bit more than the two gil I had.

Wait... Three gil.

I started searching through my pockets for some cash (and looking around for a rich Adventurer in need of a good mugging), when Shaman walks up.

GoblinShaman>> Hey, Smithy.
GoblinShaman>> What are you up to?
GoblinSmithy>> Window shopping.
GoblinShaman>> What do you mean?
GoblinSmithy>> That's what you call it when you have no money.
GoblinShaman>> Oh.
GoblinShaman>> I wouldn't know anything about that.
GoblinShaman>> I'm a Black Mage.
GoblinSmithy>> I hate you.
GoblinShaman>> Suck on it.
GoblinShaman>> What are you trying to buy anyway?
GoblinSmithy>> Gigas Bracelets.
GoblinShaman>> To match your socks?
GoblinSmithy>> Shut up.
GoblinShaman>> What?
GoblinShaman>> They're nice socks.
GoblinSmithy>> Shut up.
GoblinShaman>> You know, we could just go get you a pair.
GoblinSmithy>> What do you mean?
GoblinShaman>> They drop off Gigas.
GoblinShaman>> You know... When you kill them.
GoblinSmithy>> Are you suggesting we kill Gigas?
GoblinShaman>> I'm sorry.
GoblinShaman>> Does that bother you?
GoblinSmithy>> Hell, no.
GoblinSmithy>> I was looking for a new hobby anyway.

So, we headed off to Delkfutt's Tower.

Before we even entered the damned place, I did a quick search.

No rangers. Good.

We then spent the next few hours walking around killing Gigas. It was a little hard because I knew a lot of those guys from company picnics and stuff.

But like they say, you can't make an omelette without killing a few Gigas.

We'd walk up, say Hi, chat a bit, and then light them bitches up.

GoblinSmithy>> Heya, Fred.
GoblinSmithy>> How's the wife?
Fred>> She's good.
GoblinSmithy>> And the kids?
Fred>> Good.
Fred>> Stephanie is already killing people in Qufim.
GoblinSmithy>> Oh, that's nice.

GoblinShaman starts casting Fire III on Fred.

GoblinSmithy>> Say hi to your wife for me.

Damn, though. We couldn't get a damned drop to save a Gigas life.

Hours came and went, Gigas dying left and right. But no bracelets.

I'd have been upset if it wasn't so much fun.

Then, just when I was losing all hope...

You find a pair of Gigas Bracelets on the Epialtes.


GoblinSmithy>> WOOT!
GoblinSmithy>> FINALLY!
GoblinShaman>> So...
GoblinShaman>> Should we lot for them?
GoblinSmithy>> What do you mean?
GoblinSmithy>> They're mine.
GoblinShaman>> I was here, too, you know.
GoblinShaman>> I deserve them just as much as you do.
GoblinSmithy>> You can't even wear them.
GoblinSmithy>> You're a Black Mage.
GoblinShaman>> I could still sell them.
GoblinSmithy>> This is freakin' ridiculous.
GoblinSmithy>> Why should you get them?
GoblinSmithy>> Give me one reason.

GoblinShaman starts casting Warp II on GoblinSmithy.

GoblinSmithy>> ...
GoblinSmithy>> So, we'll just lot then?
GoblinShaman>> Umm...
GoblinShaman>> How about no?
GoblinSmithy>> I hate you.

That bastard stole my bracelets.

Note to self: save up money, buy new weapon, ventilate Shaman's torso.

Damned Black Mages.

4 Comments:

Blogger creature124 said...

now THAT is cruel. i hate it when my fellow adventureres do that. stab him a few times for me.

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouchies, gotta love the greedy blms w/ d2 :X

3:50 AM  
Blogger Bellemithra said...

Stab Shaman!!!! You deserved those!

10:49 AM  
Blogger GoblinShaman said...

Smithy i have told you, them Gigas Braclets were mine! They could've been yours if you wern't so greedy and wanted them right away! I worked hard aswell as you did in there. There i said my bit and on another note why do you get a blog and i don't?

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home