Monday, April 17, 2006

Pretenders to the Throne

This is a special post for a few special friends of mine.

And I mean short bus kind of special.

I understand that you read this blog and want to be like me. Hell, everyone wants to be like the Smithy.

But you can't.

Suddenly though, every mob and his ugly mother are starting their own blogs, trying (ever so futilely) to be as cool as me. But sadly (and by sadly, I mean happily) these posers won't succeed.

You just don't have what it takes. Noone is more universally recognized (or universally hated) than the Goblin Smithy. I am the KING.

Sure, people kill you guys. That's kind of the nature of the game. Adventurers kill monsters.

But they kill you because they have to. You're just another name.

The name Goblin Smithy, though. Now, that inspires fear. You cannot imagine the number of players that would practically wet themselves at my mere presence.

That is what makes this blog worth reading. People want to gain a better understanding of an enemy that haunted them so terribly for so long.

You guys writing blogs is kind of weak.

Seriously. Noone wants to read your copycat, emo ramblings.

I know what happened. You saw that people liked this blog and you wanted to be popular, too. So, you started your own little blog in hopes of someone liking you.

It's kind of sad really (except replace sad with pathetic and replace pathetic with really pathetic).

I'm not saying noone will read your stupid blogs. They won't, but I'm not saying that.

I'm too nice a guy to be mean like that.

On an unrelated note: noone will read your stupid blogs.

Why don't you take the time to come up with an original idea? You know, if that doesn't hurt your little brains too much. Damn tracers.

I hate posers.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"No one" is two words, Mr. Goblin "I say I'm so much better than everyone else but in reality I can't even spell" Smithy. Just thought you might want to know.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't "Moogle Man" supposed to be two words also?

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do believe you're right Anonymous-type-person.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moogle and Man are two different words, yes, but MoogleMan is a username I've been using for the past five years, and it's never been anything but one word.

Although, both "M"s should be capitalized; but this comment system made them lowercase. Ah well.

Oh, and for the record: I love this blog. I just couldn't resist correcting Sir Smithy. Please don't stab me.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Reeree said...

Sounds like Goblin Smithy had a run in with a Thief this morning and can't get the dagger out.

Keep in mind, Goblin Smithy, that imitation of flattery is the sincerest form of sycophancy.

Besides cash. Cash is always more sincere.

But we all know that you are the first, and the best. No other lamer monster's blog will ever compete.

I want you to know that I will always love you. And by "love you" I mean "hope you die in a fire... again."

Good luck with that dagger.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Smithy, I respect you a lot, I love your ramblings, and I loved the leassons you taught me by something so simple as a knife to the face.

But relax, mmk?

People will copy, take it as a compliment that what you do is just that cool.

And besides that, sorry about that little tiff you and I had a while ago when I was visiting the jungle. I'm sure having a Tarutaru beat you down with nothing but a few slaps of a shield and stabbyings must have been somewhat mortifying.

You'll be happy to know I'm now a much more accessible beating for you, as I've quit Paladin and taken up White Mage. Happy hunting!

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And to avoid spelling nazi rippings, I have to correct my above mistake.

"Lessons", not "Leassons"

See you in the jungle, bud, let's see if I can last two hits against you.

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goblin Smithy is still better than you, Moogleman.

He probably also slept with Mooglewoman about 5 times. Last week.

Moral of the story: Don't pretend you're better than someone because you catch one insignificant mistake.

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um btw read the tribune so no your not the first to do this and 2 i eat goby smithys for lunch. corect my speling and grammer if you like but it dosent chane the fact that you need to stfu newb.

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now honey you know you can always tell me to sit on people that bother you. You know how much they hate that.

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,

The english language just called. It says "Please stop".

Reading your post made me die a little inside.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if all you can do is rip on my grammer then admit that you need to "stfu newb"

10:16 PM  
Blogger Reeree said...

Ripping on your grammar and/or your grandmother are not ALL that the goblin smithy can do. These two options aren't even the most enjoyable of the things he can do.

Face stabbing, now that ranks up closer to the top.

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smithy, if you face-stab 'Anonymous' I'll raise him...

...just so you can stab him again of course.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home