Monday, June 12, 2006

A Brave New World

Something odd happened today.

As soon as I got to work, I noticed that something was different.

It was like the air was fresher, cleaner somehow.

Also, smarter.

I was just porting over to Delkfutt's Tower when I got a tell.

Ogygos>> Umm... Smithy?
GoblinSmithy>> Hey, man.
GoblinSmithy>> What's up?
Ogygos>> Not much.
Ogygos>> Uh... did something happen today?
GoblinSmithy>> I'm not sure what you mean.
Ogygos>> Well, it's kind of strange.
Ogygos>> I've been alive for a whole minute now.
GoblinSmithy>> Holy shit!
GoblinSmithy>> How'd you pull that off?
Ogygos>> There's nobody here.
GoblinSmithy>> Wow.
Ogygos>> You think they're all playing Warcraft?
GoblinSmithy>> No. That's not what I meant.
Ogygos>> I have no idea what to do now.
Ogygos>> I've never actually lived this long before.
GoblinSmithy>> You just walk around for a while.
GoblinSmithy>> Wait for an adventurer to come murder you.
Ogygos>> Really?
Ogygos>> Just wait around?
GoblinSmithy>> That's it in a nutshell.
GoblinSmithy>> You can walk in a pattern if you like.
Ogygos>> This sucks.
Ogygos>> At least when they get me right away, it's quick.
Ogygos>> All of this waiting around is killing me.
GoblinSmithy>> As opposed to an arrow to the brain.
Ogygos>> Oh yeah. Forgot about that.
Ogygos>> How's the head wound?
GoblinSmithy>> Shut up.
GoblinSmithy>> I can't get my hair to part right anymore.
Ogygos>> You should have seen the look on your face.
GoblinSmithy>> I did.
GoblinSmithy>> Most of it was stuck to the inside of my mask.
Ogygos>> Ouch.
GoblinSmithy>> I'm so glad you're alive.
GoblinSmithy>> I just love reminiscing.
Ogygos>> Wow.
Ogygos>> This is what five minutes feels like.
GoblinSmithy>> Woah, woah, woah.
GoblinSmithy>> You want to slow down there, big boy.
GoblinSmithy>> Wait til you try six minutes.
Ogygos>> This is crazy.
GoblinSmithy>> You want to hear crazy?
GoblinSmithy>> I've actually been alive for HOURS.
Ogygos>> Are you freakin' kidding?
GoblinSmithy>> Nope. Hours.
Ogygos>> Your drops must REALLY suck.
GoblinSmithy>> Shut up.
Ogygos>> Damn, man.
Ogygos>> I drop socks most of the time.
GoblinSmithy>> SHUT UP!
Ogygos>> Maybe you should get some socks.
GoblinSmithy>> Keep talking like that...
GoblinSmithy>> And you won't see ten minutes.
Ogygos>> Ooooooooh, I'm sooo scared.
Ogygos>> I haven't seen ten minutes since the JP beta.
GoblinSmithy>> I'm not surprised.
GoblinSmithy>> I'd want to stab your ugly ass, too.
Ogygos>> Need me to get you a step ladder?
GoblinSmithy>> This has been lots of fun.
GoblinSmithy>> Could you possibly die in a fire?

Where are the damned gil sellers when you actually want them?

I mean Ogygos was my friend, but that's probably due to the fact that he's never lived long enough to piss me off before.

Now, I'd really like to see his spine up for sale on ebay.

GoblinShaman>> Did you hear?
GoblinSmithy>> Hear what?
GoblinShaman>> They banned a bunch of gil sellers.
GoblinSmithy>> Dammit.
GoblinSmithy>> How long until they get back?
GoblinShaman>> Well, they perma-banned the accounts.
GoblinShaman>> So, I'd say a week.
GoblinShaman>> Week and a half tops.
GoblinSmithy>> Sigh.
GoblinSmithy>> Maybe he'll die of boredom.

I need gil sellers for one thing. One damned thing.

And those freakin' tards can't even do that right.

What next?

Simurgh>> Umm... Smithy?

I'm going to stab one of those gil sellers in the lung.

In about a week.

Week and a half tops.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GoblinSmithy>> I've actually been alive for HOURS.
Ogygos>> Are you freakin' kidding?
GoblinSmithy>> Nope. Hours.
Ogygos>> Your drops must REALLY suck.

oh my, i laughed so hard at that.

also. STOLE YOUR POSTING VIRGINITY!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Justine said...

Poor Smithy... maybe now you have the chance to find a girlfriend :D

11:26 PM  
Blogger Goblin Smithy said...

Dear Anonymous,

I have been first posted more times than your mother.

It's time we stop kidding ourselves.

-GoblinSmithy

P.S. I've had better.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oohhh Burned by the goblin, Sad

smitty how it feel to burn someone else for once?

Sure it wont need skin grafts but maybe the emotional scar you left on the poor man will turn him into an emo dark..

Wait a minute , Thats a bad thing

damn you smithy

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang man i was woundering what was going on i've been here for 2 others and nothing but random noobs running in here but i take care of them fast i mean honsetly who lets lvl 33's run off while doing rank 5 in here alone.

2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

It has come to Cosmo'Diels attention that you are currently the owner and author of an extremely popular Blog. We would like to commend you on your efforts to provide the population of Vana'Diel with insights in to a Goblin Smithy's life.
Therefore we would like to interview you if possible. We are sure that our readers would love to see a real Glossy interview!

Kind regards,
Tatry Bradsails

4:44 AM  
Blogger Goblin Smithy said...

Tatry Bradsails,

Feel free to e-mail me and we can set up an interview.

-GSmithy

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone body else notice that all these gilsellers being banned is GMDave's doing?

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home