Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I <3 Irony

Alternate Title: "Who's laughing now?"

As we've discussed on many an occasion, I am a fan of revenge.

I mean, there's just something so sweet about handing out a little vengeance and bringing someone's actions back to haunt them.

Remember that thing you did? Yeah? Here's a knife in the throat.

Now, you adventurers love revenge, as well. You love getting back at me for all those time I killed you.

And possibly the laughing.

So what do they do? They give you the perfect means of exacting the ultimate revenge:

They give you Blue Mage and let you learn Bomb Toss.

Yay.

Suddenly, every damn player has Blue Mage leveled enough for Bomb Toss and are coming after me.

Player>> HAHA GOBBY!
Player>> EAT BOMB!

This, of course, sucks. As I'm sure most of you know, those bombs really freakin' hurt.

It's okay, though...

Cause Smithy gets the ultimate revenge.

Earlier today, yet another one of these Blue Mage wonders came after me in the Jungle.

I'm just minding my own business, killing n00bs and saving mandies. You know, doing my job.

When suddenly, this halfwit runs up and starts attacking me.

GoblinSmithy>> Well, hello there.
GoblinSmithy>> Did you actually choose to attack me?
Player>> Oh hell yeah.
Player>> You're mine today, Gobby.
GoblinSmithy>> I'm sorry. You cannot have me.
GoblinSmithy>> We are having a sale on swords today.

*FACE STAB*

Player>> That's funny.
GoblinSmithy>> Thank you.
GoblinSmithy>> Corpses rarely get my sense of humor.
Player>> Oh, don't you worry.
Player>> I'll have the last laugh.
GoblinSmithy>> I really doubt it.
GoblinSmithy>> Unless you find death amusing.
Player>> Yeah?
Player>> Do you find this amusing?

Player readies Bomb Toss.

GoblinSmithy>> Oh damn.
Player>> THAT'S RIGHT, BABY!
Player>> SUCK ON YOUR OWN DAMNED BOMB!

Player uses Bomb Toss.
GoblinSmithy takes 260 points of damage.

Player>> HAHA, BITCH!
Player>> WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?
GoblinSmithy>> You, apparently.
GoblinSmithy>> You did type "Haha".
Player>> You're going down, Smithy.
Player>> I'm going to kill you with your own bomb.

I'll be honest with you: I was kind of worried.

That bomb really dropped my HP and the Blue Moron was doing a pretty good job of holding his own and curing himself.

Could this be the end?

Of course not. I'm smarter than this mouth-breathing fool.

Unfortunately, both of our HPs were getting low, so I had to think fast.

GoblinSmithy>> You can't do it.
Player>> What?
GoblinSmithy>> He's delusional and he can't read.
GoblinSmithy>> YOU CAN NO DO IT.
GoblinSmithy>> GOBBY NO GO BOOM.
Player>> You son of a bitch.
Player>> Let's see if you like this.

Player readies Bomb Toss.

And that's when I did something so incredibly stupid that it could only have been thought up by an adventurer.

I rushed him.

Player uses Bomb Toss.
Player takes 250 points of damage.
Player was defeated.

Player>> WTF?!
GoblinSmithy>> Oh dear.
GoblinSmithy>> It seems you dropped your bomb.
Player>> ^&$%^@%$!@#%$#$%#$%^$%$
GoblinSmithy>> You were right though.
GoblinSmithy>> That was funny.

Remember all of those times a Goblin dropped a bomb and you laughed and laughed and laughed?

Sweet, sweet irony.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha.. if only it could really happen.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Justine said...

Smithy, you're awesome ;) Keep up the damn good, face-stabbin' work!

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you beleive it, Smithy? Someone in the dunes ran up to me and asked me to take off my mask. Major fetish issues going on there. So I tried to use your technique (face stabbing to death), but the shadows kept confusing me. She thought I was you! It's really odd, since I'm the only one that has armor similar to yours except for Tinkerer...

...and he was busy slitting his dark knight wrists.

When I finally took off the mask, SHE EXPLODED! Like a godamn bomb. I nearly died there, but my beautiful face was RUINED!!!

Now, I have a new mask, and it has a freaking lock on it! Can you give me advice for making my face look better?

-Goblin Butcher, your #1 fan!!! (in the dunes, at least)

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i enjoyed it lol. leave her alone lol

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home