Monday, April 24, 2006

Are You Stupid Or Something?

That was a rhetorical question.

What the hell is wrong with people? Are you guys getting lazy or just dumber?

You can answer both.

Whatever happened to people actually getting in and fighting their own fight? Whatever happened to a mano a mano conflict?

Or... a mano a goblo conflict...

I was okay with Beastmasters. They've got their whole pet thing which is kind of cool.

I mean, it sucks getting beat up by another monster, but stuff like that happens. I can't hold that against the Beastmaster.

Besides, usually those guys are right in there with their little buddy, swinging that axe like I'm a freakin' tree. That's cool. At least they're working.

Then there were the Dragoons. I was cool with that because that's like their best friend. They've got a little blue wyvern to back them up.

Plus, they love those little blue things. Practically cry on my shoes when I bomb one of those buggers out of the sky.

And they do most of the fighting which is honorable. I can accept that.

Now, Summoner... Summoner is where the wheels started to come off the wagon.

A Summoner just rips some innocent avatar out of the ether, tells him/her to go get stabbed in the face a few dozen times, and then just tosses him/her to the curb.

I mean, where's the justice?

Some little guy is just sitting in the back trying not to fall asleep while his pet is doing all the real work. Yeah, that sounds fair.

And who cares if the pet dies, right? I can just call him right back to get stabbed and maimed all over again.

This brings me to Puppetmaster...

Are you guys stupid?

Honestly. Are you? It's just between me and you.

Nope, your own wyvern wasn't good enough. Nope, calling other beasts to help you wasn't good enough. Nope, summoning magical creatures to do your bidding wasn't good enough.

You guys had to go and play with your dollies.

Read that again. You are going into battle with your dolly.

Here's a new macro for you Puppetmasters:

/equip Main "Barbie"
/equip Ranged "Ken's Testicles"
/sh I'M A BIG FRICKIN' GIRL!

Did you even consider this before you set off for battle? Did it not enter your mind that your only weapon has summer outfits and an optional dream home?

Tell you what: I'll be over here with all the big people, using our real weapons, and you can come over after play time, Suzie.

Wouldn't want to wrinkle your pretty dress.

Damn, I hate Puppetmasters.

10 Comments:

Blogger Arwenne said...

I hate those guys too! Yay! It's a good day when Smithy agrees with me. ^^

4:06 PM  
Blogger Terylieze said...

Personally, I'm waiting for the My Little Chocobo expansion set! It'll be dreamy!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Reeree said...

There's a marketing idea. Dress up chocobo to look like hookers and sell them to little girls. Good thinking Terylieze.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those things make me think of Toad from the Mario games.

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I get to 30, I'm gonna become a puppet master, so I can play with my dollies! Don't you wanna play dollies with me? we can even have tea party. :)

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"They aren't dolls...they're action figures."

- Anonymous



/laugh

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-l_4F-jtM6g&search=FFXI LOL Smithy is in this video of a bunch of goblins dancing.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they dont look like dolls..
they look like mis-shapen lamps
pulled behind thier masters
-Sphene (Quetzalcoatl) 59pld

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for the legs smithy... they're like... twigs...

*listens out for snapping sounds in Yuhtunga*

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Proactiv business contact information

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home