Monday, October 16, 2006

Smithy Tries A New Job

A few days ago, I was a little bored, so I decided to try out another job during my spare time.

I was going to try Beastmaster, but then I thought of Pathfinder and realized the flag quest must involve severe head trauma.

Then, I decided on Ninja.

I mean, who the hell is cooler than a Ninja?

Okay... All of you pirates can just shut the hell up right now. Go swab your decks or something, you frilly shirted morons.

Anyway, I soloed my way through the first few levels until I finally got an interesting new spell.

GoblinSmithy>> What's Utsusemi?
GoblinShaman>> Oh, that.
GoblinShaman>> It creates shadows to keep you from taking damage.
GoblinSmithy>> Wait...
GoblinSmithy>> So, they won't be able to hit me?
GoblinShaman>> Nope.
GoblinSmithy>> No one?
GoblinShaman>> No. Nobody.
GoblinSmithy>> You're sure no one will be able to hit me.?
GoblinShaman>> Why do you ask?

And that's when I stabbed him in the face.

Now, those of you who don't know Shaman, I'll give you a little insight.

*whisper* He doesn't like getting stabbed in the face. *whisper*

So, he's standing there holding the bloody ruin that was his face and he took a swing at me.

1 of GoblinSmithy's shadows absorbs the damage and disappears.

GoblinSmithy>> Holy Promathia!
GoblinSmithy>> It really worked!
GoblinShaman>> I'm going to freakin' kill you!
GoblinSmithy>> C'mon, bitch!
GoblinSmithy>> BRING IT!

He took another swing and missed again.

And then again.

I cast Utsusemi again and suddenly, I've got three more shadows.

I was invincible.

He just kept swinging and swinging, and just kept missing and missing.

It was like watching a blind person trying to fight.

Or a mentally handicapped person.

Or a Dark Knight.

I stood there laughing at his pathetic attempts. I was so far beyond him now, he couldn't even comprehend it.

I had just finished casting a new set of shadows, when I see a message.

GoblinShaman starts casting Firaga on GoblinSmithy.

Who was he trying to kid?

GoblinSmithy>> Tsk, tsk.
GoblinSmithy>> Getting desperate are we?

His spell hits and suddenly, all of my shadows were gone.

I was defenseless.

And he was starting to cast another spell.

GoblinSmithy>> HAHA, Loser!
GoblinSmithy>> I'll just make more shadows.
GoblinSmithy>> Utsusemi GO!

Unable to cast spells at this time.

Oh crap.

GoblinSmithy>> C'mon.
GoblinSmithy>> This isn't funny.

Unable to cast spells at this time.

GoblinSmithy>> Ohdamnohdamnohdamn!

Unable to cast spells at this time.
Unable to cast spells at this time.
Unable to cast spells at this time.

GoblinSmithy>> Can't we talk this over?

Apparently, the recast on Utsusemi is 40 seconds.

Unfortunately, an angry, bleeding Black Mage can do a lot in 40 seconds.

If you'll need me, I'll be out getting some skin grafts done.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oof. Well, unfortunately, can't say you didn't walk into that one. Still, I imagine it must've been fun while it lasted. =P

You might want to look into getting one of those Colibri or whatnot as a pet, at the rate things seem to be going.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Dyamalos said...

How did I know that was going to happen?


Oh, and I've missed more time playing DRG than I have as DRK ;P

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holla i just started lvlin my PLD yo and lemme tell you dog! this job is tight! not as tight as DRG but its still tight yo! cept i be thinkin itz wack dat dey gimme a lvl 28 shield yo. wut iz i gon do wit a lvl 28 shield B? that shit be nutz

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! Although the recast timer is 30 seconds, not 40.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't consider the ability Colibri to be called Reflect. Actual Reflect would not let the target be affected by spell.
Colibri are affected by spell which would make the actual ability to be Mimic.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Patrick Hulman said...

hmm is this a retro smithy entry.

i could have sworn he mentioned before leveling nin.

also he helped pathfinder getting bst (was even killed by the kraken but path forgot to flag the quest.)

3:58 PM  
Blogger Daltana said...

Just be glad you found the shadow flaw before facing a Monk with Hunderd Fists.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usssually end up playing rdm/nin now...recast timer is 27 seconds...fun. Least stoneskin is my backup for aoe's.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Bitneko said...

"It was like watching a blind person trying to fight.

Or a mentally handicapped person.

Or a Dark Knight."

So true... I have a C skill in my highest weapon and I still hit more than them.

-Bitneko PUP38 of Caitsith

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg ahahahaaaa that's just how it is, you're describing being a nin to a t. At least until you get :Ni. Funny stuff...

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*prods the blog* it's wednesday... update!

>.>

No rush..but... I work in customer service, I need something to keep me going!

11:16 AM  
Blogger token black guy said...

yea cmon yo update G! i iz str8 bored at work and i cant be sleepin in da baffroom no mor i got caught yo!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Shayde said...

Heaven help me -- I'm starting to understand TBG's posts.

*runs screaming from the room*

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home