Friday, March 31, 2006

Mr. Smithy Goes to Jeuno

Just when I thought I'd seen every possible way to stab a n00b, I get sent on a new assignment, Dynamis-Jeuno.

For those of you unfamiliar with Dynamis, let me paint a picture for you:

A group of adventurers (read: soon to be corpses) spend a buttload of money to enter an alternate dimension where we run the show. Everywhere you turn is another way to die. Statues that summon more enemies. Goblins on steroids ripping holes in people.

I'm getting misty just thinking about it.

They actually pay money to come in and get stabbed. That still makes me laugh everytime I think about it.

"Oh please, Mister Smithy. Take my life and exp. I'll give you money."

So, I log into Dynamis and the first thing I see is my new name. Vanguard Smithy. How awesome is that? I sound like something from Dragonball Z.

I'm in Dynamis, gone all Super Saiyan Smithy, and this place is amazing. Always dark. No lines at the auction house. Sweeeeet.

I'm really starting to like this place when I see something come up in the log...

BlackMage1 starts casting Fire IV on Vanguard Smithy.
BlackMage2 starts casting Thunder IV on Vanguard Smithy.
BlackMage3 starts casting Fire IV on Vanguard Smithy.
BlackMage4 starts casting Thundaga III on Vanguard Smithy.
DarkKnight1: OMG!!11eleven! Gobgobgobgobogobogobog
BlackMage5 starts casting Thunder IV on Vanguard Smithy.

I immediately think to myself "Hmmm... something may be wrong..."

This thought is then reinforced when my flesh is magically converted into pain.

As I die, oh so many times, the last words I hear are:

DarkKnight1: Ooooo, he dropped my AFB.

I hate Dynamis.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word is there will be a large change soon in the school of elemental magic, one that may benefit you in the situation that 5 BLMs decide to turn your suit of armor into a training ground.

Did it make you miss the Jungle?

3:40 PM  
Blogger Goblin Smithy said...

It made me miss having skin.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BlackMage1 starts casting Fire IV on Vanguard Smithy.

BlackMage2 starts casting Thunder IV on Vanguard Smithy.

BlackMage3 starts casting Fire IV on Vanguard Smithy.

BlackMage4 starts casting Thundaga III on Vanguard Smithy.

DarkKnight1: OMG!!11eleven! Gobgobgobgobogobogobog

BlackMage5 starts casting Thunder IV on Vanguard Smithy.

oh crap that darkknight comment made me weep as though i were back in basic

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Blonde beaver fur coats ebay store mens down filled jackets Pilates and herniated discs Femdom asian free http://www.dildos-3.info/Wwwthickbigbuttblackwomendildoscom.html incorporate your business kitchen on flickr buy textbook yemen jails embassy bomb plotters

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home