Monday, March 27, 2006

Always with the Running

I knew it was going to be a bad day when I got called in. Turns out a Goblin Butcher couldn't make it and they needed me to sub in Valkurm Dunes.

Oh freakin' joy.

I haven't been in the dunes since I was level 18. I was going to go back for a visit once, but I hit myself with a frying pan until the sensation went away.

So I log in next to the secret beach and I'm actually feeling pretty good. It's sunny and warm. Things are looking up. Then I heard it:

"OMFG!11!eleventyone! gobgobgobgobbogogbbogobogbgob!"

I turn around to ask why someone would mutilate a poor, defenseless language when I get hit in the head with a pebble.

A pebble.

He threw a pebble at a goblin.

So I walk over to have a serious discussion about social etiquette (read: I went to beat him so bad he'd hp in a wheelchair), when HE hits ME with a sword.

Now it's on.

I start smacking him around and notice his health going down pretty fast when suddenly, he takes off running.

And now I'm chasing him. On a beach. In heavy, dark armor.

Did I mention how bad this subligar chafes?

We finally get to Selbina where I kill him right in front of the zoneline. I mean, he's right there. One more step and he would have lived.

That'll teach him to throw rocks at people.

People who live in easily stabbed bodies shouldn't throw stones. Good motto there.

So now, I'm standing on a pile of stupidity. I'm sweating and there is sand in places goblins don't like to talk about.

People need to die for this.

And what happens then? I warp back to the secret beach just in time to hear:

"OMFG!1!!1elevenone!! gobgobgobogoboobogoboglogbogogbogob!"

I hate the dunes.